How to encrypt files and folders in windows 7.
1.Right click on the folder you want to encrypt and then click on properties.
2.In the properties dialog click on Advanced under the general tab.
3.After clicking on advanced you will see a prompt,check the box in the prompt which says Encrypt Contents To Secure Data.
4.Click on Encrypt Contents To Secure Data.
5.If your trying to encrypt a folder you will see another prompt asking you whether you would like to encrypt subfolder also.Click on OK.
You are done.
To decrypt a folder or file
- Right-click the folder or file you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, and then click Advanced.
- Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data check box, click OK, and then click OK again.
Encrypt/Lock Computer Drives, Pendrive Or External Drives In Windows 7.
- Right click on the drive you want to encrypt or lock.
- Go to the option “Turn On Bitlocker”
- Now click on Turn on BitLockerin front of the drive you want to lock/Encrypt.
- Now it will ask you to choose your password
- Once you have entered your password click Next you will be now asked to save the password or take a print out.
- Note:If you save your password in your computer then make sure that it at some safe place.
- Now bitlocker will start encrypting your drive.The encryption time varies according to the size of the drive.
- If you have encrypted/locked a local drive then you will see a lock in front of the drive.
- If you have encrypted/locked a pendrive then you will see a bitlocker setup file when you put this pendrive in computer.Install this in another computer.
- (If bitlocker is already installed in another system then this step is not required.)
- Now it will prompt you to enter your password.
OR GO TO
Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Click to open BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- Do one of the following:
- To temporarily suspend BitLocker, click Suspend Protection, and then click Yes.
- To turn off BitLocker and decrypt the drive, click Turn Off BitLocker, and then click Decrypt Drive.